Dolly will be remembered as a true Iowa Broadcasting Legend! Her radio broadcasting career spanned more than 40 years in the Cedar Valley, the one and only Dolly Fortier brought a unique and fun sound to KCFI until she passed away on July 12, 2023.
Dolly was named the Iowa Broadcaster of the Year in 2016 by the Iowa Broadcasters Association.
Dolly might be best remembered on KCFI for her lunchtime feature shows.
Lunch with Dolly Themes:
- Big Band Monday – Classic big band favorites.
- Girl Tuesday – Your favorite female artists.
- Whatever Wednesday – Wild and wacky!
- Guy Thursday – Your favorite male artists.
- Featured Artist Friday – Showcasing one artist.
And of course, her feature sign-off when she ended her show each day:
“I’ll be with you tomorrow, God willing and if the creek don’t rise”